Planning a wedding can be very daunting for the bride and her entourage. From event details to programs and reception details, there’s definitely a lot to consider. One of the main concerns when it comes to a wedding is the wedding dress and subsequently, the bridesmaids’ dresses. These all need to come together nicely with the theme to create a visually coherent style that will look good in photos and in memories. But how do you go about choosing bridesmaid dresses for your best ladies? Here are 5 tips on how to choose your bridesmaids dresses for a worry-free wedding preparation.
- Consult your bridesmaids and share ideas. According to Brides Magazine UK, it’s best to speak to your bridesmaids and ask them about what they’d like to wear and what they don’t like in a dress. Arrange for a brunch meeting with them to find out what they’re amenable to wearing and what they won’t wear. It would also be great to go on a shopping trip together to get a general idea of what styles they go for and how it can come together nicely.
- Keep your wedding theme in mind. This will guide you in shopping for bridesmaid dresses to make sure they come together nicely and won’t look bad in photos.
- Go for diversity. We’re not all cut from the same cloth. Let your bridesmaids choose styles that suit not just their body type but their personalities as well. Just make sure to keep in mind the theme so that the dresses will remain coherent. Diversity is great as it will add a touch of uniqueness to your theme.
- Find reusable dresses. Bridesmaid dresses can sometimes come in styles that are not reusable. With hefty price tags, one would not want a dress she could only wear once. Let your bridesmaids invest in a dress that can be used again for another occasion. They will surely appreciate that they can save money by reusing the dress.
- Go for a rest run. Aside from setting a shopping date with your ladies go for a dry run too. Let them dress up in their bridesmaid dresses and take the time to have adjustments done so they will fit and look perfectly come the big day.
We’ve also curated some of the most elegant bridesmaid dresses you can get at Nordstrom right now, so gather your favorite ladies around for some pre-wedding retail therapy.
1. Jenny Yoo Drew Floral Embroidered Tulle Evening Dress
A Spring wedding requires lots of florals! Fall in love with this piece from Jenny Yoo, which features just the amount of florals in a dainty, feminine tulle dress that is inspired by the beauty and romance of an English garden. It features a cut complemented by lovely skin tones with a sweetheart neck and V-back. It’s gorgeous, elegant, and fuss-free. Just a gorgeous Spring-inspired bridesmaid dress that will turn heads and cause murmurs of praise. Shop at Nordstrom.
2. Alfred Sung Strappy Sateen A-Line Gown
Call to mind Hollywood glamour with this elegant a-line gown from Alfred Sung. It features a precise seaming at the V-neck bodice and a fully flared panel construction at the skirt that provides a sweeping satin gown effect. Its delicate straps cross at the back for exquisite style. Be red carpet ready with this piece that’s perfect for an Oscars-themed wedding. Shop at Nordstrom.
3. Show Me Your Mumu Marie Sweetheart Gown
For a more classic silhouette, go for this beautifully draped gown that features an always-flattering sweetheart neckline and lightly ruffled sleeves. At the back, a bow provides sweet youthfulness to the look. It calls to mind the maidens of the olden ages, with flowers in their hair and gentlemen falling at their feet. Shop at Nordstrom.
4. Dessy Collection Bateau Neck Sequin Gown
Old Hollywood glamour comes to life with this head-turning A-line gown coated with sequin shimmer. It features an elegant bateau neckline and strappy dipped back that offers a radiant look they won’t want to miss. It’s perfect for any wedding, evening party, or red carpet occasion in which you need to dress like a true Hollywood A-lister. Shop at Nordstrom.
5. Jenny Yoo Annabelle Convertible Tulle Column Dress
Call to mind prom nights and fun parties from your youth with this tulle dress from Jenny Yoo. Its ethereal tulle overlays a wispy strapless gown designed with long panels that are so versatile, you can create over 15 elegant looks with it. Artfully wrap and tie it any which way you want for a different look every time. Shop at Nordstrom.
6. Social Bridesmaids Off the Shoulder Chiffon Gown
Go for a classic look with this dreamy chiffon gown that features an off-the-shoulder style and sassy front slits that show just the right amount of legs. It also features precise pleating and careful seaming that provides just enough shaping to show off your curves in this elegant piece that’s sure to turn heads at any wedding. Shop at Nordstrom.
7. Dessy Collection Elle Strapless Sequin Trumpet Gown
For weddings set in the evening, go for this trumpet gown that features just the right amount of shimmer for every subtle movement. It features lots of sequins that gives you a lovely glow and features a slit that provides glimpses of leg. This lovely strapless gown calls to mind the beauty and sparkle of champagne. Shop at Nordstrom.
8. Jenny Packham Ruffle Neck Chiffon Gown
Spring weddings require a certain flair to them. This bridesmaid gown designed by Jenny Packham has just the right amount of fluttery ruffles that’s perfect for the season. It features a gorgeous float over the waist-whittling surplice neckline in its chiffon gown silhouette. It’s flowy and perfect for any garden wedding this Spring. Shop at Nordstrom.
9. Heartloom Francie Ruffle V-Neck Gown
This ultra-feminine gown from Heartloom offers a gracefully draping, floor-sweeping hem that literally will sweep them off their feet. It features neckline detailing that has a ruffle- and point d’esprit-bordered V-neck and delicate straps that will show off our collarbone. These straps meet in an adjustable-tie bow at the back that provides chic detailing. Shop at Nordstrom.
10. Levkoff Crisscross Strap English Net A-Line Gown
Go for the classic silhouette of this romantic A-line gown that features an elegantly wrapped bodice. It features a skin-baring, crisscrossing-strap back that shows just the right amount of skin. Its filmy English net creates an elegant look that will call to mind the happy endings of rom coms from the 1990s. Shop at Nordstrom.
Here’s one final tip when it comes to shopping for bridesmaids’ dresses: consider comfort. Just as you would consider investing in a comfortable wedding dress, make sure your entourage are also dressed in garb that won’t make them feel uncomfortable, or worse, bad. The wedding day is a fun, festive event and people need to wear clothes that are comfortable and will let them have fun. Consider some of these most elegant bridesmaid dresses you can get at Nordstrom right now, or go shopping with your best pals over the weekend to test out what works for your wedding theme.
Speaking of weddings, we’ve got some more awesome ideas for your wedding in the links from our archive below. Make sure to check them out.
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.